Black Bean Burgers
Make ahead of time-maybe on your food prep day- and freeze for those busy weeknights. Add soup, salad, or sweet potatoe fries for a quick and healthy meal.
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/3 medium red onion chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans organic, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 whole egg or flax egg or egg substitute
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or oats ground) substitute whole wheat flour too
- salt, pepper
- whole grain buns or lettuce wraps
Add tomatoe, lettuce, avocado, spinach, onions- your choice!
1. In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic. Add 1 can black beans (15 oz.), cilantro, parsley, "egg", red pepper flakes and pulse to combine2. Put mixture above in bowl and add 1 can black beans and ground oats. Add salt, pepper3. Divide mixture into 6 burger patties4. Place on hot oiled/sprayed grill and cook about 6 minutes on each side.5. Put burger on bun or lettuce wrap and add condiments. Enjoy.