Favorite French Toast
Favorite breakfast ever. Simple, healthy, and so delicious.
- Start with a slice of a healthy whole grain bread. I use a slice of 7 sprouted organic whole grain bread which is frozen (I keep it in my freezer so it lasts longer).
- Take an egg (with or without yolk-your call) and whip it with a little milk (I use almond milk- again your call). Sprinkle in some chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Add the slice of bread and let is soak all the liquid. Spray a skillet with oil spray and cook toast on both sides.
- When the bread is brown on both sides, remove from pan, and top with fruit and nuts. I use frozen berries this time of year. Frozen fruit is a fraction of the cost of fresh and probably more nutritious (I use about 3/4 cup and stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds).
- Add some walnuts (my favorite) or any nut for crunch. Sprinkle on some cinnamon.
A treat anytime and also great for guests. Enjoy!