Healthy Brussel Sprouts+Farro
Eat Well Buffalo loves this delicious+simple dish made with a nutty flavored farro which is a softer grain with a rice-like texture. High in fiber+protein we love this veggie+grain combination with a tangy mustard dressing.
- 1 cup farro rinsed
- 2 cups broth veggie or your choice
- 1 T olive oil or water or whatever you use for sauteeing
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts halved or quatered
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T course grain mustard
- 1 T honey
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Prepare farro according to package using brith instead of water
- Add olive oil to heated skillet and saute Brussel Sprouts-about 10 minutes until slightly browned and softened
- Sprinkle sprouts with thyme
- In a small bowl- whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, olive oil+garlic. Add to skillet.
- Add cooked farro to skillet.
- Mix and serve.
This dish can be served as a meal or as a side dish. We served it with grilled salmon and it was perfect. As a meal, you might want to add walnuts, nuts or bacon- depending on your eating style.