Mighty Mushroom Soup
It might be spring according to the calendar, but it’s still mighty chilly out there. Try warming up with a bowl of our Mighty Mushroom Soup that will nourish you and put a smile on your face. Remember the Cream of Mushroom Soup where you would open a can and then add a can of water to it? Well this Mighty Mushroom variety will make you think of the good ol’ days while making you healthier and happier.
It’s easy and healthy and “company good”. Here’s what you do:
Preparation: slice 3 cups of mushrooms, chop-up one onion, chop-up one zucchini (these are the chopped veggies)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet and add 2 cloves of pressed/chopped garlic
- Add chopped veggies (above) and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add 1 can of organic white northern beans (after rinsing)
- Add 2 cups of veggie broth and cook everything in skillet for about 10-12 minutes
- Pour in blender and blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Voila! Enjoy your hearty and healthy soup with a whole grain bread.
Guaranteed to warm your tummy and soothe your soul.
Thanks to Randi for sharing and suggesting. It’s EWB new favorite.