Creamy Kale-Cauliflower Soup
Creamy Kale Cauliflower Soup
There are always a few items left in the refrigerator that need to be used before I head out for my every two week food shopping spree. This week I found cauliflower, kale, and celery so I googled a "healthy" recipe with those ingredients and discovered a yummy soup. And it even called for the few lone carrots that were hovering at the bottom of my veggie bin. A yummy, healthy, and easy "pause" dish I will continue to serve even after pausing 🙂
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic-pressed or minced
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1 head cauliflower-florets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 3 cups kale- chopped (remove tough ribs)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews- soak in hot water for 10 minutes
- season to taste
- Saute chopped onion in water, broth or olive oil for about 5 minutes in a soup pot
- Add garlic, celery, carrots, and saute for 5 minute.
- Add cauliflower + veggie broth. Bring to boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the drained cashews to blender and 1 cup of soup. Blend and add back to soup pot.
- Add kale and cook for about 10 minutes until kale is tender. Blend the soup in batches and combine in pot. Season as you like.