Looking for an easy, healthy and delicious one-pan dish everyone will love?
Healthy One Skillet Mexican Quinoa Meal
This is the perfect one skillet dish that everyone loves! Healthy, plant-based, easy and delicious, prep time takes about 15 minutes, and cooking time takes about 25 minutes. Make an extra batch to freeze for another meal or share with a friend!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic- chopped add jalapeno pepper chopped here if you wish
- 1 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans- rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup quinoa-uncooked
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt+pepper to taste
top with diced avocado, lime juice, chopped cilantro, black olives, plain greek yogurt, hot sauce, etc.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat+ saute garlic for about 1 minute
- Add black beans, tomatoes, corn, quinoa, and broth to skillet, season with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cover the skillet with lid, Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes until quinoa is tender + water is absorbed.
- Serve in bowls with toppings.