Banana Muffins With Cherries and Chocolate Chips
The China Study is the most comprehensive study ever to examine the relationship between food and disease. The findings are in my opinion, remarkable and impressive, so I will use Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s recipes whenever I can. The importance of healthy eating has never born more critical than it is now in our current pandemic state where our immunity and health is vital to possibly avoid disease, as well as prevent it.
Healthy, plant-based snack that is powered with whole grains, bananas, cherries and seeds.
Banana Bread with Cherries and Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large ripe bananas-mashed
- 1 medium apple-chopped
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup ( I used 1/4 cup and added the apple for more sweetness)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen dark cherries (thawed)
- 1/2 cup nondairy chocolate chips ( I used 72% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. I added 2 T of each seed here (flax, chia, hemp)
- In a medium bowl mix bananas, milk, apple, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the wet to dry ingredients and mix until almost combined. Add chips and cherries.
- Fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven….and let cool. Enjoy with a cup of green tea!