Ole! It’s Veggie Enchilada Day!
Looking for an easy, healthy and very delicious meal to serve? Try this family recipe (thank you Linda Snow) that is sure to please everyone. Serves 4 and can be prepared in less that 30 minutes. Pair it with a green, grain or fruit salad for yourself or your guests.
Linda’s Vegetable Enchilada’s
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 tbsp oil your choice
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn organic, if possible
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated cheese your choice, dairy or not
- 8-10 whole grain tortillas
- Bring lentils to boil in water. Cover and simmer until tender (15-20 minutes)
- In large skillet, saute carrots, onion, peppers, and garlic in oil.
- When vegetables are tender, add chili powder, cumin, and coriander.
- Add cooked lentils, beans, corn and taco sauce to skillet.
- Spread mix evenly over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Roll and place seam side down in 9X13 casserole.
- Top with additional cheese and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on greens, and top with sliced avocado, black olives, salsa, and plain greek yogurt.