Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
As promised, here is one of our favorite soups. Most of the ingredients are probably in your pantry. Preparation and cooking require about 20-30 minutes total so it doesn’t take much time. Packed with plant based nutrition, healthy fiber and protein- this soup can be a meal in itself. The best part is the taste which is bursting with a savory flavor. Make sure and top it with chopped avocado, which is Eat Well Buffalo’s favorite topping. We would love to hear if you make this, any changes or additions you make, and if it will be one of your favorites too!
The Best Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
Easy, healthy, and company good….really! Top it with diced avocado which is our favorite. Filled with flavor, fiber, protein and healthy nutrition. Have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 diced sweet potato
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups veggie broth-or your favorite
- 2 cans black beans-rinsed and drained
Top with grated cheddar cheese, diced avocado, or cilantro
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook potato, onion, garlic, chili powder, and salt for about 5 minute.
- Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender- about 15 minutes. Stir in beans and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with your favorite topping(s)
- ENJOY!!! Make double to freeze for another meal.
Oh my goodness–this soup is so good!! Brought some to my in-laws recently & got rave reviews–and that was even without the option of cilantro, shredded cheddar, or diced avocado for toppings!!