Healthy+Slow Roasted Savory Tomato Bake
This easy to prepare dish will warm your tummy and your soul. Add a chunk of a whole grain bread to make it even better! Enjoy!
Savory autumn dish guaranteed to please! Easy, nutritious, and delicious. The kale, chick-pea pasta, garlic and anchovies (totally hidden flavor and only adds yum) make this a dish you will add to your “company-worthy” list.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3-4 pounds grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic cloves are peeled
- 1 can (2 oz) anchovies
- 1 box 8 ounce chickpea pasta EWB loves Banza Pasta!
- 1 bunch baby kale or spinach-cleaned and chopped
- dried herbs of your choice-if you chose basil, thyme, oregano, etc.
- salt and pepper
- Toss cherry tomatoes, salt and garlic in a baking dish with olive oil
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1- 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally while crushing tomatoes
- Add anchovies and continue cooking dish for another hour. Stir occasionally and continue to crush tomatoes.
- While dish is in oven, cook chickpea pasta according to directions on package.
- Mix pasta, tomato mixture, and kale/spinach together. Salt and pepper to taste.