Favorite Fall Food
A must try easy meal that is heart healthy+soul warming!!!
I love this recipe because you can use whatever veggies you have on hand- mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, onion, whatever is lingering in your veggie bin. I love the skillet mix added to the spaghetti squash shell but again, use what you have available. Add whatever topping work best for you too!
Veggie + Black Bean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Plant based protein+healthy veggies stuffed inside a delicious spaghetti squash to create a perfect high fiber + filling fall meal!
- 1 spaghetti squash-cut in half lengthwise Remove seeds and pulp
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 chopped 1green pepper- any color works Use whatever veggies you have – mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
Add any toppings to the finished stuffed squash- cheese, cilantro, salsa, greek yogurt, avocado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place prepared spaghetti squash halves cut side down on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 35 minutes until tender. Let cool.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Add garlic+onions (cook for 3 minutes), then add pepper and saute together until tender. Season with salt + pepper.
- Add black beans+cumin+chili powder and stir.
- Scoop out strands in squash and add to the skillet. Taste and add additional seasoning if needed.
- Divide and add to squash shells. Sprinkle with desired toppings. I love plain greek yogurt+avodado.